The management of Midcontinent (Aberdeen) limited recognises that the Health Safety and welfare at work of all employees, whether on the company premises or carrying out company business elsewhere is primarily the management’s responsibility and that a duty of care extends to other persons while they are on company premises.
The management is responsible for:
- The provisions and maintenance of plant and systems of work on a regular basis that are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risk to health.
- Arrangements for ensuring, so far as is reasonable practicable, safety and absence of risk to health in connection with the use handling storage and transportation of articles and substances.
- The provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision that is necessary to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of all employees.
- The provision and maintenance of a working environment that is, as far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for welfare at work.
- The employment of persons who are competent in the work for which they are engaged.
- Compliance with the statutory requirements for safety, health and welfare.
- To carry out risk assessments, document and record preventative and protective measures taken, make arrangements for the implementation of the health and safety measures identified as being necessary.
- To provide free, any protective clothing or equipment where risks are not adequately controlled by other means.
All employees must take reasonable care of their own health and that of others who may be affected by what they do or omit to do and to co-operate with the company in meeting the statutory requirements. In particular each employee has a responsibility and a duty:
- To comply with safety instruction and directions laid down by the management.
- To use properly the means and facilities provided for the safety, health and welfare at work.
- To refrain from wilful misuse or interference with anything provided in the interest of health, safety and welfare, and any action that might endanger them selves or others.
- To refrain from horseplay, practical jokes, skylarking or and other conduct which could create dangerous situations.
- To co-operate and give assistance to the management and other employees in regard to safety and health at work.
- To be alert as to any risk or hazards in the workplace and to communicate these to the appropriate responsible person.